Gemuetlichkeit Days has one of the finest parades in southern Wisconsin.
The parade will take place on Sunday, September 15th, 2013 at noon. Our parade can last up to 2 hours.
We have floats from many area businesses, civic & service groups and clubs as well as youth organizations. Trophies are given for 1st with ribbons for 2nd and 3rd place for Floats and adult Military Color Guards along with cash awards. The parade is open to any and all who wish to apply. As long as you follow the simple RULES and meet our broad entry criteria, you are welcome to join us for a great hometown style parade.
The entry deadline is August 15th, so if you would like to enter our parade please contact Mary Coffman at 920-723-5780. An entry form can be FAXED to 920-674-1499. You will receive your line up number about a week or two before the parade. If you have any questions, please contact Mary for more information.
Parade entrants line up on the south side of Jefferson .
We ask that you do NOT stop or park on the parade route when you turn right on Wilson Street at the end of the parade. Please park and stop on side streets off of Wilson Street. Thank you.
Family Bike Parade: 11:15 Registration 11:45 am
Families are invited to join the Jefferson County Literacy Council in the Gemuetlichkeit parade. It’s FREE! While not required, prizes will be awarded for decorated bikes in keeping with the Gemuetlichkeit theme “Kommt, Kommt Alle – Come, Come All.” Details:
• 11:15 – Families meet ready to ride at Premier Bank parking lot, 320 S. Center Avenue, Jefferson. HELMETS REQUIRED. Some extra bike helmets for children will be available and given to children on a first-come, first served basis.
• Families will ride slightly ahead of the Gemuetlichkeit Parade to ensure safety.
• This parade route is approximately 0.7 miles.
• Literacy Council leaders will be on hand to coordinate and lead the parade onto South Main Street going north, east on Racine Street and then south onto Wilson Avenue to the ending point.
• Please contact the Jefferson County Literacy Council at 920-675-0500 with questions or for more information.
A special thank you to our
2013 Parade Sponsors.
Please see them listed on our Sponsor Page.
See our Parade page for a complete list of units