Parade Rules & Information – Please read the following and share it with all of your parade entrants/participants
- All participants agree to hold Gemuetlichkeit Days Inc., the Board of Directors and agents of the organization harmless for any and all damages from participation in the Gemuetlichkeit Days parade or related activities. This agreement is implied by the return of the entry sheet. Judged unit should display entry number on driver’s side of unit for judges to see.
- No one shall throw candy or any other objects onto the street or into the crowd. Children will run into the street after these items and could be injured. Please walk the curb line to hand out items or information. Any unit that does not follow this rule will be removed from the parade.
- Any unit that uses domestic live animals as a part of the unit or presentation is required to furnish proof of insurance for coverage of a parade or exhibition event. Homeowner’s policies will not be accepted unless the coverage is specified. Any unit that does not follow this rule will be removed from the parade.
- A unit must be at least 75% decorated to be considered for float competition. The theme for the parade is “Lichterfest” ( Festival of Lights). Decorating to this theme can add points to your score. The tow vehicles need not be decorated. You must be able to maintain a fast walking pace to avoid spacing problems.
- Advertising is allowed, but it should not be the only decoration or theme of a judged entry. A float may have a sponsor’s name on it. Banners ahead of the float or tow vehicle are allowed.
- This parade is for the entertainment of the crowd. Please do not try to make a controversial message or point with your entry. You are allowed to distribute handouts in an orderly manner at the curb. Please do not force people to take or read your material. The editorial page of the newspaper is better for this activity.
- The Jefferson Police require that you be in your line up spot by 11:15 AM. If you are not in your spot, the police will not let you in. This is required to control the flow of traffic before the parade and to clear the parade route. Please do not ask to arrive late. We can do nothing to change this requirement.
- Confirmation of entry forms is not sent out. If you enter on time you are in the parade. Line up numbers and maps will be sent out after September 10th, 2017. When you receive your number, PLEASE INFORM ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR GROUP OF THE NUMBER & THE TIME. We will have an information booth in the Stauffer/Klug Insurance lot on south HWY. 26 (S Main St) with maps if you need them. We will also have volunteers in the area who can assist you.
- School buses or other large vehicles are not allowed in the parade. A smaller support vehicle such as cars or vans may be used to carry water or extra instruments for bands. Trailers or other vehicles used to haul the float must be left at the start or the end of the parade.
- Be sure to include the length of your unit on the entry form so we can give you enough room in the start up area. We have very little shade and no water available for animals. We also ask that you shovel up after the animals in the set up area & parade route.
- The completion of the parade is when you turn off of Highway 18 (E Racine St) onto Wilson Street. NO units will be allowed to load up or dismantle on Wilson Street. Please turn onto Milwaukee Street, Dodge Street or proceed ahead to Linden Drive (Stoppenbach Park) to unload. Please comply with parade official direction.
- We will have an awards presentation at the judges’s stand on South Main Street about 20 minutes after the parade. If you are entered in judging, PLEASE have someone at the awards presentation to pick up your award should you win. Awards not claimed at the end of the parade will be out at the Jefferson County Fair Park Sunday night and will not be sent out later. They may be picked up at the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce office after September 20, 2017..
Have a good time and enjoy the Gemuetlichkeit Days Parade. Your cooperation will make our job easier and mean more fun for all involved. Please, no alcohol in view on the parade route. We ask that you pick up any trash and stay off public property. We will have porta potties at two locations for your use. They are marked on the line up map.
The Parade Committee:
Mary Coffman, Chairperson
920-723-5780 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org